- Offer avalanche education and snow science to every student in Colorado who wants to learn more about our natural winter environment.
- Promote youth avalanche education to increase awareness for the entire back-country community.
- Provide a financially viable avenue for youth to obtain avalanche education and winter literacy.
- Build respect for the winter mountain environment.
- Advise youth on the process of decision making in a backcountry environment.
- Develop tactics to combat peer pressure and other human factors.
- Learn techniques for group rescue and winter survival.
- Advocate team work and group think protocols both in and out of backcountry environments.